Take the next step in your career and earn a Medical Laboratory Science (MLS) degree at Bellarmine University. The demand to become a Medical Laboratory Scientist is increasing, and Bellarmine can equip you to fill this growing need. The admission process for an MLS degree at Bellarmine is straightforward for all students, including undergraduates, transfer students, international students, veterans, and active military.
Your application for undergraduate admission to Bellarmine University includes the following items:
- A completed online Bellarmine application form (no application fee)
- An official college transcript sent directly from each college attended
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- A minimum science-math grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Prerequisite science courses will require a minimum grade of “C” or higher.
- Science prerequisite course completion term limits are within 10 years of starting the MLS curriculum.
- An application for admission to the Medical Laboratory Science professional program
- A personal statement
Admission to Bellarmine University does not automatically admit you into the Medical Laboratory Science program.
Please note: In 2018, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that healthcare facilities across the United States are increasingly requiring healthcare workers to be vaccinated for vaccine-preventable diseases in order to reduce disease outbreaks. Accordingly, those who choose not to be vaccinated for personal, medical or religious reasons are not eligible for admission to the Medical Laboratory Science program.
The need for Medical Laboratory Science programs and professionals is increasing in our world. Applying to Bellarmine University’s MLS degree program is the first step in a professional career that is both fulfilling and in high demand.